by Tim Martinelli
Selecting the best floor buffer comes down to your flooring and what you plan to do with it. A floor buffer can scrub floors, clean tiles and grout, strip and polish vinyl or hardwood, and perform countless other tasks that we'll get into shortly through the use of different pads and brushes.
In this article I'm going to show you my absolute favorite floor buffer and tell you why I think it's so great. I'll also show you some other fantastic models that each have their own advantages, and then touch on the features you should consider when making a purchase in our buying guide. Let's start with my personal favorite:
TOP CHOICE OVERALL
Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile floor cleaning for a variety of surfaces including tile, hardwood, and even carpet.
- Balanced and very easy to maneuver when in operation.
- Hassle-free installation and removal of cleaning pads, bonnets, and brushes.
- Perfect for bringing life back to tired, dirty grout lines.
- No assembly required and ready to use out of the box.
Reasons to avoid:
- If you are looking for a particularly lightweight buffer.
- If reaching under counters is one of your primary concerns.
Here are our picks for the best steam mop for tile floors and grout in 2021:
Here's How We Did the Test:
Making this evaluation possible would require us a team of people who will check the pros and cons each product, a wide variety of models to test, and a specific number of hours to be utilized to assess all the units.
Top Choices For You
Best Buffers and Scrubbers Reviews For Tile & Hardwood Floors
1. Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
- Orbital drive oscillates at up to 175 RPM.
- 50 foot power cord.
- Has a 13" cleaning path.
- Weights 24 pounds.
- 3/4 horsepower, 5.4 amp motor.
- Great for buffing hard floors.
- Dry-cleans and loosens dirt from carpets.
- Orbital drive prevents marking or gouging of floors.
- Compatible with a variety of separately sold accessories.
- Built in the U.S.A.
This floor buffer from Oreck is surprisingly versatile. It's great for all kinds of floor care, from cleaning the floor grout on tile floors to polishing pads on hardwood, and even for dry-cleaning carpet.
Many find that as a carpet cleaner it's actually more effective and easy to use than steam cleaners, with no need to wait for your carpet to dry once you've finished.The unit is a bit heavy, yes, but once it's turned on it practically glides across the floor surface. The orbital drive makes it supremely easy to maneuver, and it also prevents the buffer from damaging your wood floors.
2. Koblenz P-820 B Shampooer/Polisher Cleaning Machine
- Includes a pair of brushes, polishing and buffing pads.
- 4.2 amp motor with bronze gears.
- 1' cleaning path.
- Three cleaning speeds.
- 120 oz cleaning solution tank.
- Shampoos and scrubs carpets and floors.
- Polishes and waxes hard floors.
- Durable construction that is built to last.
- Easy to assemble.
- One year warranty on defective parts.
- No function to suck up dirty liquid.
- Buffing pads are lightweight.
This floor scrubber machine from Koblenz is a great solution for shampooing rugs and scrubbing tiles. It provides plenty of scrubbing power so that you can get professional results without straining your body.
It also does a great job of stripping floors and applying new coats of wax, so that they can shine to their fullest once again. It's a versatile floor cleaner that can be used to deep clean a wide range of materials and applications, including laminate floors.Aside from cleaning benefits, the Koblenz is very easy to assembly upon unboxing. With a high impact motor housing and full-width bronze gears, it's a product that is built to withstand heavy use.
3. BISSELL BigGreen Commercial Easy Motion Floor Machine BGEM9000 Industrial Orbiter, Buffer, Polisher
- Orbits with a pad speed of 175 RPM.
- Easy trigger switch control.
- Easy to replaces brushes and pads.
- 2.4 liter cleaning solution tank.
- Cleans stone surfaces like slate, marble, and brick.
- Removes buildup from tile and grout.
- Buffs and polishes hardwood and vinyl.
- Dry-cleans carpet.
- Easy to dispense cleaning solution.
- Comes with minimal accessories.
- Could have more cleaning power.
Bissell is one of those names that is known and trusted for floor cleaning products, and this BigGreen floor polisher and buffer lives up to its name.
It's a widely versatile buffing machine that is suitable for polishing nearly any type of flooring imaginable, from tile to hardwood, vinyl, stone, and so much more.
The random orbital drive means that it's easy on your arms and gentle on your floors, all while delivering enough cleaning power to get deep in the grooves to clean dirty grout or remove oil from concrete when used as a floor scrubber rather than a buffing machine.
4. Viper Cleaning Equipment VN1715 Venom Series Low Speed Buffer
- Accepts 17 inch cleaning pads and brushes.
- Convenient operation with hand controls.
- Low speed buffer operates at 175 RPM.
- Full metal construction.
- 50 foot power cord.
- Versatile floor machine for commercial and residential applications.
- Strong and durable design for heavy use.
- Easy to operate the unit with fingertip controls.
- Wheels for easy transport.
- Long warranty and good customer support.
- The unit is heavy.
- Overpowered for some residential applications.
If you're looking for a commercial grade floor machine, the Venom Series Low Speed Buffer is a heavy duty hardwood floor buffer that is built for sustained use.
This is primarily a floor polisher and buffing machine, and you won't find an onboard water tank or cleaning solution reservoir. Instead, this machine is really intended for cleaning and stripping surfaces as well as applying polish and wax.
If you're looking to sand back a hardwood floor as part of refinishing, this is the wood floor buffer you need to get the job done. Switch over to a buffing pad when you're ready to finish the job and make those floors shine.
5. Boss Cleaning Equipment B200752 Scrubber, Gloss Boss
- Lightweight scrubber weighing 7 pounds.
- Powerful dual nylon brushes.
- Washable microfiber pads.
- Heavy duty wheels for transport.
- Power release foot switch.
- Designed for home and residential use.
- Easy to push around with minimal drag.
- Light enough to carry around the house.
- Straightforward assembly.
- Attractively priced compared to commercial floor scrubbers.
- The machine is relatively noisy.
- Not for heavier applications like cleaning grout.
Sometimes all you need is a basic hardwood floor scrubber for routine cleaning, and in such cases the Gloss Boss can be a perfect fit. It's lightweight, easy to use, and very well suited for carrying around your home.
Simply spray the floor with cleaner, pick the right pads or brushes, and let the Gloss Boss go to work. It will save you time and it will keep the strain off of your back and your joints.
The Gloss Boss is an excellent choice for everyday use in the household, and for the price you'll pay you really can't go wrong.
Conclusion: Best Buffer for Tile and Hardwood Floors
All five of these floors buffers are excellent machines. Depending on what you're using the buffer for, some may be more suitable to your needs than others. That said, we can only choose one to be the best.
After careful consideration our top choice is the Oreck Commercial ORB660MC Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine. It features Random Orbital Drive, which makes it easy to use and gentle on your floors. It cleans, buffs, and polishes a variety of flooring materials, and provides ample cleaning power. Best yet, it’s made in the U.S.A.
Buying Guide: How to choose the right floor buffer?
We've covered a wide range of features and specifications to consider for each floor buffer, but the following five seem to be most helpful for narrowing down the options:
What type of flooring will you primarily be using the buffer on? Is it compatible with this material? Was it designed for all types of treatment that this flooring will need (i.e. scrubbing, stripping, shampooing, buffing, polishing, etc.)
What different types of floors would you like to clean with this buffer? If you have more than one type of flooring it's a good idea to find a model that can work well with all of them.
How large of a floor buffer are you able to carry? Keep in mind that some models are heavier while others are more lightweight. Also, if you have a large area to clean you might consider a model with a larger cleaning path.
Power Cable Length
Consider where your electrical outlets are located relative to where you'll be using the floor buffer. Does the supplied power cable give you enough distance to work with? Will you need an extension cord?
It would be remiss to gloss over budget when discussing the key factors of any buying decision. If your budget is limited, you're likely going to have to make compromises. Prioritize the features that matter to you most, and choose the model that satisfies as many of them as possible without exceeding your budget.
Top Rated Product Reviews
|1||Oreck ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine||9.4||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Koblenz P-820 Shampooer/Polisher Cleaning Machine||9.1||Buy on Amazon|
|3||BISSELL BigGreen Commercial Easy Motion Floor Machine BGEM9000||8.7||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Viper Cleaning Equipment VN1715 Venom Series Floor Buffer||8.5||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Boss Cleaning Equipment B200752 Scrubber, Gloss Boss Floor Buffer||8.2||Buy on Amazon|
Other articles to read:
Last Updated on March 16, 2021