by Janet Martinelli
If you don't yet own a steam cleaner then you are missing out on one of the most versatile home cleaning devices in existence. Not only do they make cleaning easier than ever, but they clean so well that they can breathe new life into the existing surfaces for inside items like wallpaper removal, floors, and furniture, as well as outside for grills, car upholstery, and engines to name a few items around the household.
From routine tasks like cleaning floors, winfdows, curtains, to the more specialized applications like killing bed bugs and removing old wallpaper, it's really quite amazing just how much you can get done with a steam cleaner. I'll show you what features to keep an eye out for in my buying guide and help you find your perfect steam cleaner.
TOP CHOICE OVERALL
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
- Top-rated steam cleaner that offers professional cleaning power at an affordable price.
- Superheated, low-moisture steam allows for superior cleaning and sanitization of any surface.
- Compact design rests on smooth-rolling wheels for remarkable mobility.
Includes an 18-piece attachment kit for numerous applications.
- Highest quality of construction backed by a 2-year warranty (lifetime on the boiler).
- The mop head doesn't swivel which can make it difficult when cleaning tight spaces.
- No visual indication of water tank level.
Here are our picks for the best multi-purpose steam machines tough cleaning 2021:
Here's How We Did the Test:
Making this evaluation possible would require us a team of people who will check the pros and cons each product, a wide variety of models to test, and a specific number of hours to be utilized to assess all the units.
Top 9 Steam Cleaner For You
Best Steam Cleaners Reviews
1. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
- Weight: 9 pounds.
- Tank size: 54 ounces.
- Heat time: approximately 7 minutes.
- Hose length: 6 feet 6 inches.
- Great for removing stains & grime, and killing bacteria, viruses, bedbugs and beyond.
- Professional steam power at a reasonable price.
- Solid and durable build quality.
- Incredibly quiet while in operation.
- Generous water tank size for prolonged cleaning.
- Compact design is easy to carry around.
- Handle can get hot during use.
- No water level indicator.
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner steamer is the pinnacle of home steam cleaning technology, and when it comes to floor and carpet steamers there simply is no product better-suited for the job.
The Dupray Neat steamer utilizes superheated steam and comes equipped with a vast selection of attachments that make it easy to tackle virtually any cleaning job around the home or office. Whether you're in need of a bed bug steamer or a powerful tool for cleaning grout, kitchen appliances, car interiors, you name it - the Neat has your back.
Better yet, with a 2-year warranty you can rest assured that this machine is built for the long haul.
2. Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0282014 915 On-demand Steam Cleaner
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Tank size: 48 fluid ounces.
- Heat time: under 10 minutes.
- Hose length: 8 feet.
- Great for removing wallpaper, cleaning tile & grout, and much more.
- Small and lightweight floor steamer.
- Excellent for cleaning tile grout.
- Strong steam power and high temperature.
- High-quality construction and components.
- Affordably priced steam cleaner.
- Pressure can be intermittent.
- Power cord is a bit short.
If you're looking for a steam cleaner that can take care of your entire home without the use of harsh chemicals, then the Wagner Spraytech may just be the perfect fit for you. It's an excellent steamer for cleaning floors and carpet, windows and tile, and even for more obscure tasks like removing wallpaper.
If sanitation is your concern, this steamer can penetrate into the surfaces to kill bacteria and leave them sparkling clean. From sofas to bathrooms and stoves to barbecue grills, this machine will help you keep your home in pristine condition for you and your family.
3. McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System
- Weight: 13 pounds.
- Tank size: 48 ounces.
- Heat time: 10 minutes.
- Hose length: 10 feet.
- Maintains consistent pressure throughout use.
- Heats to operating temperature quickly.
- Long hose with plenty of range.
- Large water tank capacity.
- Includes an extensive set of accessories.
- Steam could be more powerful.
- Hose could be more durable.
The MC1375 Canister Steam System by McCulloch is an ideal product for a variety of applications around the house both inside and out. It's excellent for cleaning and mopping floors, but it can also be used on walls, curtains, delicate bedding, and even outdoor tasks like cleaning grills and boat hulls.
It comes with an extensive set of accessories so that you can find the perfect match for your cleaning task of the day.
This McCulloch steam cleaner runs hot enough to sanitize surfaces, which also makes it ideal for removing built-up oil and grime layers that are seemingly impossible to eliminate by hand.
4. Pure Enrichment PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner
- Weight: 18 pounds.
- Tank size: 1.5 liters.
- Cord length: 16 feet.
- Continuous steam time: up to 45 minutes.
- Great for ceramic and laminate tile, wood floors, most carpets, and a variety of other surfaces.
- Strong pressure for a home steamer.
- Large reservoir for continuous steam-on-demand.
- Mop head is an ergonomical shape and size.
- Quick cool-down and refill time.
- Included extensive accessory kit.
- Lacks a water level indicator.
- Small grout brushes aren't durable.
This steam cleaner has a sleek and compact design, making it easy to bring with you around the house and even easier to pack up neatly when not in use. The included XL mop accessory is perfect for cleaning tile, laminate, wood floors, granite, and even most carpets.
Plus, it comes equipped with a kit of 18 accessories so you can find an attachment that's perfectly suited for the task at hand, whether it's inside or outside the home.
The extra-long power cord gives you plenty of range to get the whole job done, without having to move from outlet to outlet along the way.
5. COSTWAY 2000W Multipurpose Heavy Duty Rolling Steam Cleaning Machine
- Weight: 11 pounds.
- Tank size: 1.5 liters (51 ounces).
- Heat time: approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Cord length: 10 feet.
- Great for removing dirt from various surfaces and for households where safety is of particular concern.
- Removes stains, pet stains, and odors.
- Relatively lightweight and easy to move.
- Variety of attachments for different spaces.
- Heats to operating temperature quickly.
- Excellent product for the money.
- Lacking guidance on assembly and use.
- Short power cord.
The COSTWAY 2000W is a heavy-duty solution for steam cleaning and disinfecting surfaces such as carpets, windows, cars, floors and more.
It features adjustable steam control so that you can dial in just the right amount of power needed to get the job done quickly and easily. With safety features like child lock and an automatic power-off, this is a great option for households with pets and children.
Considering the amount of cleaning power this machine produces combined with the vast array of use cases you'll find around your home, it's amazing to see that this COSTWAY steam cleaner maintains such an affordable price tag.
6. COSTWAY Multipurpose Household Steamer with 18 accessories
- Weight: 11 pounds.
- Tank size: 1.5 liters (51 ounces).
- Heat time: approximately 8-9 minutes.
- Hose length: 79 inches (soft pipe).
- Great for removing dirt, grease, and stains while killing bacteria, viruses, and mold.
- Easy to change cleaning pads with velcro.
- Effective for killing bed bugs.
- Heats up very quickly.
- Includes hidden accessory storage compartment.
- Small and compact size.
- Difficult to get replacement parts.
- Attachments could be more durable.
When it comes to choosing a steam cleaner for your home, ideally you want to find an affordable unit that heats up to operating temperature quickly and has plenty of power to get the job done - and the COSTWAY Multipurpose household steamer checks both of these boxes.
This steamer is built with convenience in mind, featuring a curved handle that makes it easy to carry and a plethora of accessories to accommodate a multitude of cleaning jobs.
With a large water tank on board, you won't find yourself waiting for the device to cool down for a refill very often.
7. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- Weight: 8.4 pounds.
- Tank size: 45 ounces.
- Heat time: 8 minutes.
- Cord length: 15.4 feet.
- Great for wood, tile, and laminate flooring, shower doors, children's toys, and more.
- Easy to push around while cleaning floors.
- Trigger locks in position to keep fingers from getting sore.
- Generates hot and powerful steam.
- Extension tubes help to reach tight spaces.
- Includes 15 attachments for various cleaning jobs.
- The components are somewhat flimsy.
- No control over steam level.
Another household machine that has garnered a lot of attention recently is the Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose steam cleaner.
Featuring 15 accessories specifically designed to stand up against a vast array of cleaning tasks, this 1500-watt steam cleaner has what it takes for even the most challenging of messes. Using its steam-on-demand controls you can go to work for up to 45 minutes with a continuous flow of steam - without your fingers tiring from constantly holding down the trigger.
Cleaning your house doesn't have to be a chore, and with the Steamfast steam cleaner on your side it sure won't feel like one.
8. Ivation 1800W Canister Cleaner
- Weight: 8 pounds without water.
- Tank size: 1.8 liters (4 pints).
- Heat time: 7 minutes.
- Hose length: 4.75 feet from steamer to gun.
- Great for sanitizing places like bathrooms, kitchens, playrooms, and children's toys.
- Heats up to temperature quickly.
- Easy to assemble and operate.
- High temperature for thorough disinfection.
- Fill cap is child-proof.
- Smooth-rolling wheels for easy maneuvering.
- Handle becomes warm during use.
- Hard to find spare parts.
This is a steam cleaner that is designed with safety in mind without welcoming a compromise to performance. The Ivation 1800Q canister cleaner delivers truly superheated steam, making it perfectly suitable for cleaning areas that are prone to harboring germs and bacteria, like children's rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms.
The steam hose is flexible and swivels freely, allowing for superior mobility and maneuverability where you need it most.
This unit even features a built-in gauge for monitoring the instantaneous steam pressure, so that you can keep an eye on the pressure level as you clean and make sure you're working with the maximum cleaning power.
9. McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System
- Weight: 13 pounds.
- Tank size: 64 ounces (1/2 gallon).
- Heat time: 12 minutes.
- Hose length: 10 feet.
- Great for cleaning and mopping a variety of home surfaces, including boats, cars, RVs, and more.
- Large water tank for long cleaning jobs.
- Integrated handle for easy portability.
- Variable steam control dial.
- Extra-long power cord and steam hose.
- Built-in pressure gauge.
- Longer warm-up time than many steamers.
- Steam could be drier.
The MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System is the flagship steam cleaner from McCulloch, and as a result it boasts features such as an extra-large water tank and extended run times of continuous steam.
This McCulloch steam cleaner is equipped with a dial for on-demand variable steam control so that you can use as much or as little power as you need to get your dirty surface cleaned quickly and effectively.
With over 23 attachments and accessories - the most of any steam cleaner on this list - you'll be hard-pressed to find yourself without the right tool for the job when you buy the McCulloch MC1385.
Conclusion: Best Steam Cleaner
Now that I've touched on the top-rated steam cleaners available today, it's time for you to make a decision. Truth be told, any of the steam cleaners could very well be the perfect fit for your needs.
With that in mind, if I could only pick one then my top choice would be the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer. The Dupray is a state-of-the-art product that generates professional cleaning power at a price that is approachable for most homeowners.
By producing low-moisture, superheated steam the Dupray is the ideal choice for cleaning and sanitizing almost any surface. When a company backs their product with a 2-year warranty, you know you’re getting quality.
Buying Guide: How To Choose The Best Steam Cleaner?
There are a lot of factors to consider when you're buying a steam cleaner, so it can be helpful to have some guidance. These are the features that I find to be most important when making your decision.
Steam Temperature & Pressure
When it comes to steam, temperature and pressure are closely related. You're going to need some pressure to create superheated steam, which is ideal for disinfection. Steam cleaners that operate in excess of 212˚F and corresponding pressure are the most desirable.
Water Tank Capacity
This goes hand in hand with how long you'll be able to go between refills. Since many steamers need to cool down before refilling, if you're going to be doing a lot of steaming you'll want a bigger reservoir.
Hose & Power Cord Length
You want steam hoses and power cords that are long enough to give you enough range to work with, but not so long that they become cumbersome. Consider where you'll be cleaning and how much range you'll need.
Steamers should be easy to pull along with you as you work. You don't want to make your back sore - steamers are supposed to make cleaning easier, after all.
Quality of Construction
A well-built product is going to perform better and last longer. Metal components are always more durable, and try to avoid cheap plastic.
Heat Up Time
Nobody wants to sit around waiting for their steam cleaner to be ready for work. Take a look at the heat up time and make sure it is reasonable.
You might be surprised by how much you can do with your new steamer. Make sure the included attachments cover your needs at a minimum, and better yet find a model that has more than you need.
Not all companies offer a warranty on their steam cleaners, but they should. Make sure you're buying a product that the manufacturer stands behind.
Top Rated Product Reviews
|1||Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer||9.4||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0282014 915 On-demand Steam Cleaner||9.1||Buy on Amazon|
|3||McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System,Black||8.7||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Pure Enrichment PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner||8.5||Buy on Amazon|
|5||COSTWAY 2000W Multipurpose Steam Cleaner with 19 Accessories||8.2||Buy on Amazon|
|6||COSTWAY Multipurpose Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories||8.0||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner||7.9||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Ivation 1800W Canister Cleaner with 14 Accessories||7.8||Buy on Amazon|
|9||McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System||7.7||Buy on Amazon|
Other articles to read:
Last Updated on December 27, 2020